2020 Tarmac SL6 Disc
When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How'd we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster than the Tarmac SL5 over 40 kilometers, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. This Tarmac comes with a reliable spec that includes 10-speed Shimano Tiagra mechanical shifting, quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable Axis Sport Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 8r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
|Frame||Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra, braze-on|
|Cassette||Shimano, 10-speed, 11-32t|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Tiagra Disc 4720, 10-speed|
|Chain||KMC X10, 10-Speed|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 4700, 10-speed|
|SeatPost||Carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm|
|Seat Binder||Diverge collar for carbon frames|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|Stem||*REMOVE THIS STEM*|
|Handlebars||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
WHEELS & TIRES
|Front Wheel||Axis Sport Disc|
|Rear Wheel||Axis Sport Disc|
|Rear Tire||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Front Tire||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Inner Tubes||Presta, 48mm valve|
|Fork||FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||493mm||511mm||535mm||544mm||566mm||581mm||599mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||435mm||451mm||481mm||499mm||519mm||540mm||570mm|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|