Specialized S-Works EXOS shoes
We’ve researched shoe weight across every industry, and only the most extreme examples from niche sports are nearly as light as the 150 grams (Size 42) shown here. Our team obsessed over it for four years and finally landed on a design that locks the foot with a Boa® dial for the on-the-fly adjustability that our World Tour athletes need—all at the lightest weight.
To make a shoe that’s 150 grams (per shoe, Size 42), we took a space-age material called Dyneema™, gathered the engineers that brought you the Tarmac, and created a design that follows no rules. We redesigned the heel counter, removed the toe box, and developed a carbon outsole via ply-by-ply carbon analysis that took nearly as much time to develop as the Tarmac itself.
With materials like the non-stretch Dyneema™ upper to cradle your heel, we’ve ensured extraordinary power transfer. We also used the proven lock-down of an IP-1 Boa® dial for an even more direct connection with minimal power loss. And when you pair all of this with a 66-gram outsole that has stiffness equal to other S-Works models, you get maximum efficiency in the lightest possible package. Of course, this was all developed with our World Tour riders, so good luck flexing these shoes.
While comfort may sometimes be a race-day-afterthought, it’s a necessity to perform at your best during long days in the saddle. And while nearly everything else has been stripped from EXOS in the name of performance, we kept all of the ergonomically designed, scientifically tested Body Geometry features you’ve come to love. But the comfort of EXOS goes beyond Body Geometry. These shoes have an adaptive exoskeleton that cradles your foot with the comfort of a slipper, and to cinch it all down, we’ve trusted Boa® to provide all-day adjustability and comfort.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Our lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- A revolutionary Dyneema® Mesh allows us to achieve weight without sacrificing hold for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- BOA® IP1 dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA® Lifetime Guarantee.
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward.
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security.
- Form Fit last with a Warp Sleeve vamp for the ultimate in connectivity, comfort, and speed.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 140g (1/2 pair, Size 42)